2.2.0 Release (20210912)
Overview – Early enemy fighter weapons feel less overwhelming due to the fast firing rate
- Amend – Track IR anchor point made same as VR
- Amend – There are now two versions of the laser bolt cannon (Rapid Firing and Standard)
- Amend – Vomitoria and Drosophilia now use slower firing laser bolt cannon
- Amend – Updated weapon lore entries for the laser bolt cannon variants
- Amend – Updated the 21 Absolute Territory missions to include the new standard laser bolt cannon. Added briefing text highlighting when new ships are made available. Added briefing text to make known about experimental laser weapon being available in mission 20
- Amend – Wave and Gauntlet to include the new standard laser bolt cannon
- Amend – Removed Tutorials as a campaign item selection (they are still available under Simulator menu). They no longer have skip dialogue, since all tutorials are available and there was no need to skip
2.0.1 Release (20210820)
Overview – Tunnelling can be disabled in options and an unsupported TrackIR implementation.
- Added – Auto Exposure and Ambient Occlusion Postprocessing Effects
- Amend – Gameplay scene lighting adjusted to use the Skybox instead of constant color.
- Added – Toggle Tunnel Vision when using VR (Options > Game > VR Tunnelling
- Added – An experimental and there not officially supported (I reserve the right to pull this feature at any time) Track IR implementation
- Amend – Press CTRL-F12 to recenter the VR headset in the main menu and in flight
An important developed note on the current Track IR implementation
As I don’t own any Track IR hardware I cannot reasonably test this myself and has been classed as experimental and officially unsupported. If you enable Track IR the experience may be sub-par or entirely broken. I will do my best to work with any Track IR users willing to be guinea pigs and provide relevant feedback towards improving the implementation. That is no guarantee that Track IR will become an official feature in the game and I reserve the right to abandon any further development on it.
Enabling Track IR
The command-line argument “-trackir” will be needed, I recommend you create a shortcut to the Standard game exe on your desktop and add the argument in the target box as exampled below.